The Great Plains Theatre Conference provides opportunities for participants to interact with and have their work seen by a host of national theatre professionals and scholars.
- Theatre WorkShops, Luncheon Panels and daily PlayLab Series readings comprise the foundation of the Conference.
- Dramaturgy is provided by national dramaturg for each playwright, to providing support before, during and after the Conference
- PlayFest is an evening theatre festival for the community and seeks to give voice to the stories that have the power to unite and inspire diverse audiences.
- Design Wing brings five emerging designers from across the country to become immersed in the play development from a visual perspective.
- Young Dramatists Fellowship Program provides local high school playwrights with access to some of the country’s top plays and playwrights.
GPTC invites and welcomes a number of distinguished and nationally known playwrights, directors and actors each year. These guest artists are in place to nurture and mentor new and emerging playwrights and Conference attendees through various workshops, PlayLab feedback sessions and seminars.
Past Guest Artists are highlighted in our History .